Tuesday 9 April 2013

Secret Garden and Dry Embossed Butterfly

I saw 3 butterflies flying around in the sunshine on Saturday, so I was inspired with the (finally) spring like weather to make something really bright.

I used Summer Starfruit card stock for the base, repeatedly stamping the flower from Secret Garden... you get the different tones by not re-inking after each stamp. The sentiment is Beautiful Birthday, a single stamp so really affordable if you are on a budget.

Finally I added the little butterfly...


How did you make that I hear you ask (or not!) - well I punched the Elegant Butterfly out of Raspberry Ripple, then a Bitty Butterfly out of Primrose Petals. I then used Tombow to stick them together. Once stuck I put the butterfly in the Delicate Designs embossing folder and ran it through the Big Shot. Gorgeous isn't it!


That's it from me for today. I'm off to work then watching Holby tonight! LOL - my little vice.

Come back tomorrow... I'm having a play with owls!

Pxx

2 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty card Paula-the little butterfly looks so effective and really "pops" against the pretty stamped background.
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did this butterfly, Paula! And it's so pretty against these blooms!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx