Friday 19 April 2013

Keep on Drumming!

Today's card is one I made for a friend of ours... he inspired Chris to take up drumming again after about 20 years of abstinence. I'm still not sure whether it was a good thing or not!!! (We have lovely neighbours!)

The great thing is we have met lots of fabulous new friends through Chris's music including the members of his band... King Loud. Check out their Facebook page!

Anyhow - Roy had a special birthday on Wednesday and so I wanted to make him a special card... those of you who know me know I struggle with inspiration but I was pleased with my endeavour... and Roy loved it!

Can you guess how I made the symbols? Yup you've got it! It's the Labels Collection Framelits with the Gold Glimmer Paper. I was so chuffed!!! Yeah, I know! It's highly unlikely anyone else will want to make a symbol... but if you ever do...

I'm spending the weekend at my last Agility show in my camper van, she goes to a new home next weekend. I'll miss her and the camaraderie (and alcohol) that I have enjoyed camping at shows through the summer. I'll still do a little competing. But it won't be the same. It pains me to say it, but I am not looking forward to being a 'day' competitor at all.

Hopefully we'll get a couple of rosettes this weekend... a trophy would be nice but as it is our club show I shan't have time to concentrate on my dog as I'll be helping run the rings I'm on each day.


I shan't be posting for the next couple of days at least as I'll be at Newbury Showground... 'nestled' between the M4 and the A34 - such a calming rural retreat!

Pxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. What a great card for your drumming friend ! You have achieved a really classy look-no wonder he was thrilled !
    Best of luck this weekend-sounds like you are going to be busy !
    I'm sure you will miss your campervan and your weekend stays-but just think of all the extra craft time you will have once you are a day competitor !
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx