Thursday 11 July 2013

Less is More... Shades of Grey

Just managed to sneak this in - a VERY quick card I managed to make before work today just in time for the Less is More challenge this week. You can visit the blog here.

This week we were given the theme of Shades of Grey - Cracking I thought, particularly as Stampin' Up! have introduced Smoky Slate in the new catalogue.

It is the simplest of one layer cards, I stamped the butterfly image from the Best of Butterflies firstly in Basic Black, then Basic Grey, then Smoky Slate, finally I stamped the Smoky Slate again without re-inking - this gave me four 'Shades' of Grey.

Finally I added the sentiment from Blooming with Kindness in Basic Grey.

I'm loving it! Stamping without re-inking is definitely the way to go when trying to get different shades of the same image.

I'm off to Agility and Chris' Band are playing in Risborough tomorrow so I'll try and get a post up... But if not - there's always Saturday.


1 comment:

  1. Great card Paula, love those differing shades.
    Thanks so much for joining us again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx