Saturday 20 June 2015

Steppin' Up with Stampin' Up!




Thank you for joining us on another Pinkies Blog Hop! We're showcasing lots of gorgeous projects using products from the new Stampin' Up!® Annual Catalogue. Simply use the buttons at the end of each post to keep hopping!

Not that you will have noticed [cough] but I have a butterfly 'thing' going on at the moment... so when I saw the gorgeous Watercolour Wings set and matching framelits... especially as a bundle saving 15%, I 'needed' them.

They also co-ordinate with the Butterflies Thinlits. Bonus!!

The first card I made is a clean and simple design, also using the new Lots Of Labels Framelits.


I used the new in-colours - Watermelon Wonder and Tip Top Taupe. I got the colour variations by 'Stamping Off', twice for the lightest shade and once for the middle shade.

Then I thought it would be good to demonstrate how easy it is to 'Step Up' your cards with a few extra techniques and embellishments.


It's essentially the same card in Delightful Dijon... with the addition of some of the new Gold Metallic Thread, embossing on the white layer of the labels, a couple of mats framing the image, the stunning Dotted Lace Trim and the extra, detailed die cut, using Vellum coloured with a Sponge Dauber.


A little tip for you... when stamping and die cutting the butterfly - leave the body until after you have die cut. it is a lot easier to then line it up and not end up cropping bits off.

Thanks for joining me on the Blog Hop, there are lots of other amazing projects from the other Pinkies so please keep hopping using the buttons below.

Paula xxx




4 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx