Tuesday 25 June 2013

A card for Jen... Simply Less Is More

This weeks challenge from the Simply Less is More team was to create a Birthday Card for the extremely talented Jen... we did get a hint that she likes butterflies so I have teamed up some of my favourites in the hope she will love it! Visit the blog Here.

I have used the new In-Colour - Crisp Canteloupe, as the scheme for the card... I stamped 3 images from Mosaic Madness. To get them in a straight line I measured and drew a VERY faint line in pencil, so I could rub it out, then lined up the stamp with my Stamp-a-majig.

The ribbon... well you'll notice it looks a lot like our SU Organza... But you'll not find it in different colours in the catalogue! Nope - I inked up a sponge dauber and wiped it along the satiny centre of the ribbon - how gorgeous and simple is that?

The sentiment is from Bring on the Cake and the butterflies are punched out of co-ordinating card stock with my Bitty Butterfly punch. I curled the wings slightly with a bone folder then added the Rhinestone Basic Jewels...

Please leave me a comment I love to hear what you think.


I just realised, thumbing through my catalogue, that I haven't used my new Very Vintage Designer Buttons... there's a challenge for tomorrow I think!

Pxx

5 comments:

  1. What a soft and pretty card Paula-love how you made the background to sit your butterflies on-very pretty :)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply beautiful!
    I'm sure Jen would love it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's a pretty colour! Fab card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card and colour Paula, those butterflies and ribbon are so beautiful too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card
    thank you so much for the birthday wishes.
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx