Wednesday 11 September 2013

Stepping it up!

I haven't forgotten you all, honestly, I'm just finding it really hard to leave my craft room at the moment. I have so many gorgeous things to play with and so little time. It is all the more appealing now 'Autumn' has kicked in with a vengeance.

Maybe I should show you some pictures of my craft room... the problem is, although my wonderful husband built in loads of storage, I have filled it all. It is also our spare bedroom so I can't really customise it as much as I would like.

Work is quite busy and I need to make up some hours so I haven't been getting home until 5pm (I start at 7am) then the dogs need walking and I manage a couple of hours crafting if I'm not doing a party or sorting out orders.

Today's cards are examples of a minimalist sort of card only using some basic supplies, then what we call a 'stepped up' version using additional tools and embellishments. It is the sort of card I might demo at a party to show the guests, then they would all make the basic card to take home.

So here is the first card.


In fact I would probably make it without the flower in the top right as some people may not wish to invest in a punch right away... mind you punches are my weakness and with so many of the bundles available where you get a discount for buying the stamp set and punch... why wouldn't you?

Here I used the Flower Shop Bundle (Punch and stamp set) and the stamp set Million to One... I love the two sentiments!

So to the 'stepped up' version.


You can see here I have added some of the Ruffle Stretch Trim and a Large Pearl.

Those little incidental items can really jazz up something simple.

I would love for you to share any tips and ideas you may have for stepping up a card.

Don't forget On-Line ordering is now available. (Click on the shop now image) Two little tips for you, firstly if you are searching for a stamp set by name, please check you have the English version before buying, not the German or French one... secondly, Hostess pounds that you start to earn when your order reaches £150 are called Rewards, when you purchase on-line. PLEASE do enter your choice of FREE items if you are prompted to redeem rewards. they will not be credited to your account or carried over to your next order, you need to redeem them straight away.

Well I'm off now - I'm going on holiday on Monday and have lots to sort out... including making sure the house is presentable for the friend who is staying here. I like the animals to have company whilst I'm away.

Hopefully I'll be back soon!

Love 'n' hugs!

Paula xx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous hun!! And well done for mentioning the stamp set...I plan to in tomorrow's post! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx